TITLE: Owner-Operator Recruiter
REPORTS TO: Executive VP/General Manager
JOB PURPOSE: Establish, implement and manage the company’s driver and owner-operator Recruiting Department. Develop and create an environment to secure drivers and owner-operator capacity in order to meet company goals.
- Develop a strategic departmental business plan to achieve driver and owner-operator recruiting and retention goals and objectives.
- Secure and review work history reports, MVR’s, DAC, Criminal background and Medical information from applicants and perform verification as required by company guidelines and DOT regulations.
- Maintain a pipeline of prospective driver and owner-operator applicants.
- Measure and track results of recruiting applicants, including: Phone calls/applications received, drivers secured/lost (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Respond to all requests from potential driver and owner-operators in a timely manner.
- Communicate the Company’s expectations, opportunity, and benefits to prospective driver and owner-operator applicants.
- Proactively source and identify drivers and owner-operators by attending recruiting events, trade shows, job fairs, truck stops, driving schools and networking.
- Develop multi-media advertising, campaigns and marketing materials and develop creative methods to attract capacity.
- Monitor industry methods of recruiting and retention and collect intelligence on competitors.
- Two to four year College Degree preferred
- Two years or more recruiting drivers and/or owner-operators
- Familiar with DOT and FMCSR
KEY SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in managing, motivating and training employees.
- Ability to multitask and perform under pressure.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Attention to detail with a strong work ethic and a team player.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.